Accounts Payable Specialist
Saint David, AZ 85630
JOB Description: This position is responsible for processing vendor invoices, maintaining vendor account information, and processing cash receipts. The Accounts Payable Specialist needs to be able to manage a high volume of detailed work, with continual interruptions, and make sure to adhere weekly and monthly deadlines, and make sure all vendor invoices are processed in a timely manner. Key Responsibilities
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- Associates degree or equivalent education and experience; OR 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- 10-key by touch
- MAS 90 or 200 or other equivalent system experience
- Tabware or other equivalent system experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to working within a team.
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- The ability to move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to use computer, ten-key or other office equipment.
- Sit 90% of the day.
- Bend and squat occasionally
- Eyesight (or corrected eyesight) that is adequate to view computer monitors and numbers and color coding on accounting reports
- Simple office equipment (fax, telephone, copier, scanner, etc.), knowledge of computers.
- To communicate effectively with co-workers’ and visitors, understand Employee Handbook and numerous posted signs and instructions, and to understand and utilize work orders
- Attend meetings, work directly with co-workers, plant managers and supervisors
- Verbally explain account payable procedures, rules, etc.
- Execute complex addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication functions adequately enough to utilize operating formulas, read and interpret accounting data
- Work constantly with emails, written procedures and regulations