Houston, TX 77036
Hospitality Staffing Solutions is recognized as the hospitality staffing industry leader. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business, including four and five-diamond properties nationwide. We help people succeed by finding them positions within the hospitality industry. HSS is currently recruiting for an Area Manager for our office located in the Houston area. Job purpose This role oversees an HSS branch office and is responsible for the revenue growth and net operating income. This role is responsible to help sell our services to new and existing clients. This role will be a critical link between our clients and talent. On a daily basis this role will need to also recruit and interview candidates for our open position and manage direct reports (Account Supervisors, Administrative Assistants, Internal Supervisors and Shift Lead Supervisors). The role is ultimately accountable for the service excellence and execution of HSS operations for the assigned branch/market. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Operations for their market. Duties and responsibilities
- Generate new business through prospecting, cold calling, scheduling appointments and building relationships, negotiating opportunities and securing service agreements.
- Create and execute recruiting plans to develop talent pool for future and existing openings.
- Ensure workforce is complaint to hiring requirements and staff and talent adhere to Wage and Hour requirements.
- Manage market operations to meet budget requirements, revenue, gross profit and net operating income.
- Build and develop relationships with hotel clients and partners through service excellence and operational discipline to continue to grow market
- Ensure high satisfaction and retention levels with associates and clients
- Capability to perform service reviews with accounts including but not limited to:
- Review of open and filled orders.
- Employee retention.
- Market rate and competitive rate analysis.
- Partnering opportunities with clients to solve staffing issues.
- Productivity of employees at a given client premises.
- Manage and develop direct reports to maximize productivity and minimize staff turnover.
- Prepare proposals bids and presentations
- Provide the highest level of customer service through customizing staffing by incorporating client needs into our practices and ensure timely placement of talent
- Participate in networking events and organizations regularly
- Manage requirements for branch documentation payroll, safety, training, order input and salesforce tracking
- Executive decisions resulting in profitable branch operations; control variable costs to ensure budget management
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business, Hospitality, HR, Accounting or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years within the staffing industry leading a branch or market with direct reports
- Bilingual in spanish
- Previous experience in the hospitalility industry is preferred.
- Previous demonstration of leadership skills and sales operations
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, teamwork and problem solving skills
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and internet recruiting
- Ability to travel in territory and company meetings up to 60%
- Constant periods sitting
- Writing and typing constantly
- Walking frequently
- Driving frequently
- Extended hours at a computer screen
- Must be able to read electronic documents of all types
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test
- Must be willing to undergo a background check
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be legally authorized to drive in the United States
- Health Benefits after 60 days, 7 Paid holidays, 120 hour paid time off
- Ongoing training and development
- Competitive salary
- Career growth opportunities