Banquet Captain in North Austin
2525 W Anderson Ln , Austin, TX 78757 Austin, TX 78757
Hospitality Staffing Solutions (HSS) has an immediate need for a full-time Banquet Captain in North Austin. This position serves as the manager on duty for events with responsibilities range from managing pre-event planning functions and preparing staffing schedule for events to overseeing activities on day of event and cleaning and closing venue.
- Accountability for all aspects and overall success of events including; sound equipment, lighting, table placements, decor, food and beverage service, etc.
- Providing direction and assist the banquet setup staff to ensure table placements are on point and decorated appropriately
- This is a client facing position requiring the banquet captain to work directly with the client to ensure the event exceeds their expectations. Serve as the main point of contact to address and resolve any issues during the event.
- Communicate effectively with kitchen staff to ensure timely and accurate food and beverage service and convey any additional meal requirements, special requests, dietary needs, allergies.
- Opening and closing duties including setup and breakdown of bars, cleaning and resetting event space at closing
- Minimum of 1 year of Banquet Captain experience
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holiday
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances and lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen