Bilingual Human Resource (HR) Coordinator
80020 Duluth, GA 30096
Job Description Summary
- Key Job Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda. Attend designated meetings, take minutes, and distribute.
- Complete and maintain data entry into Workday system. Compile reports from the database as needed. Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Report to Human Resources Director any employee complaints, relating to benefits, paychecks, manager/employee relations issues, etc.
- Fulfill a variety of employee needs including but not limited to: provision of name tags, parking passes, direct deposit forms, employment verification letters, etc.
- General HR office support including, process requests for overnight mail and other delivery/messenger services; Prepare and send faxes; receive and distribute faxes to appropriate personnel; Make photocopies; Type correspondence, memos and reports.
- Maintain employee files: create files for new employees and ensure that all paperwork pertaining to each employee is placed in the appropriate file on a timely basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of all benefit programs. Effectively communicate and promote employee benefit plans; answer all employee questions or refer them to appropriate resources.
- Review and process monthly invoice billing of HR vendors. This includes, but is not limited to background checks, drug testing and Shoes for Crews, Etc.
- Complete Unemployment Compensation claim forms.
- Process employee terminations in Workday and with all other required employee systems. Assist in the off-boarding process which includes but is not limited to scheduling exit interviews, WD transaction, collection of company property, employee communication, etc.
- Order and stock HR office supplies.
- Retrieve and distribute HR departmental mail.
- Manage the pre hire screening process: administer drug tests, background checks and reference checks. Work with HR team to move candidates along in the WD tool.
- Process all newly hired employees, ensuring completion of all required paperwork in WD. Maintain an accurate I 9 system, ensuring that there is a current I 9 for all employees. Monitor E-Verify System. Schedule employee for orientation. Assist new hires with name tags, parking passes, uniforms and locker assignments.
- Anticipate employee and guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Answer phones and greet all individuals arriving at the HR office. Respond appropriately to all requests.
- Maintain employee communication areas such as bulletin boards, cafeteria, employee entrances and locker rooms.
- Coordinate employee activities such as Employee of the Month/Year, GM lunches and birthday and anniversary recognition programs.
- Maintain friendly, positive employee relations at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
- Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
- Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
- Establish/anticipate needs
- Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Thank everyone
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues, employees and candidates with respect and dignity
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
- Track record of delivering exceptional service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Knowledge of HR processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems (e.g. Workday)
- Familiarity with social media recruiting
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff
- Exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required
- Two to three years of human resource experience, preferred