Catering Director (Restaurant)
90028 Los Angeles, CA 90028
HSS Hospitality Staffing Solutions is recognized as the largest national hospitality staffing company today serving over 900 hotels nationwide. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business. We are committed to finding and placing the best hospitality talent in the industry!
HSS is currently recruiting for a Catering Director for a direct position with our premier client in the in the Los Angeles area (Hollywood, Venice, Beverly Hills, USC Village) area.
PAY DOE Salaried Base + Commission
The Catering Director is responsible for the Catering Department including management of the catering sales team. Daily operational functions include management of Catering Sales Managers, customer relations, building sales, overseeing the planning & organizing of catering events, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, guest service and satisfaction within the catering department. The Catering Director will spearhead all catering sales initiatives and must be comfortable cold calling, foot cTanvasing, networking with contacts, using marketing campaigns and any/all new avenues to create new business on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate will effectively organize, manage and drive the catering department sales while keeping the customers and operation in mind maximizing space and generating monthly metrics. Communicate with catering team members and restaurant managers in all phases to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Maintain excellent relationships with the client and their guests, as well as other departments within the operations. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Team Member qualities:
- A strong and committed work ethic with an ever-present enthusiasm
- A passion for and knowledge of food and beverage
- Someone who can lead and takes pride in teaching others
- Someone who is honest and has integrity
- Ability to multi-task under pressure with a smile
- A true team player, proactive and always going above and beyond
- An eye for detail and organization
- Someone who has the ability to make appropriate decisions in adverse situations
- Someone who is humble and always willing to learn and get better
- Ability to question, bring ideas to the table, and desire to make changes to be the best we can be!
- Responsible to meet all budgeted goals through management of Catering Department in all capacities.
- Recruits, directs, manages and trains all catering sales staff and managers.
- Prospect, solicit and close new business that results in a 50% increase year over last.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted top line revenue for catering through team and personal efforts.
- Secure 4 new large events per year generating $40,000 and up in revenue per event, per year.
- Brand Ambassador, representing and building the brand through first and second hand connections.
- Manages local Marketing Outreach programs building sales and generating new avenues of revenue.
- Oversee Catering Sales Mangers execution of all onsite and offsite catering and event promotions.
- Assists in creation of in-house promotions, updating marketing tools and ensure proper communication to management teams for proper execution.
- Track and monitor event cost outs, prep lists, staffing and budgets to ensure that profit goals are met.
- Analyze CSM’s reports, cost outs, prep lists and staffing for budget and cost alignment.
- Oversee all catering operating systems, menus, 3rd party menus and catering related social media.
- Manages catering supplies and vessels, sourcing new and improved options as needed.
- Follows market trends as related to catering to keep at the front of industry standards.
- Review and approve all required contracts, paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner for all catering and events.
- Work with Catering team to help control food cost and usage through proper execution of catering procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Responsible for scheduling and attending bi-weekly catering meetings with CSM’s regarding catering initiatives, opportunities and sales.
- Ensure that all products are consistently prepared and served according to recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Analyze the success and opportunities for improvements to adapt and alter the program to maintain a successful catering and events program.
- Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Oversee CSM’s execution of on and off-site events in all capacities.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, budget and cost analysis to ensure profit as related to catering.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all catering and event supplies and inventory available, in proper working order and present Brand for all event related needs.
- Understand and comply with federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, alcohol awareness, safety and labor requirements of employees and guests at events.
- You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at the discretion of the Managing Member.
- A minimum of 4 years’ of experience in corporate catering sales and special event management.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a catering director role.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with management, personnel, catering team and guests.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of trading area.
- Exercises initiative, critical thinking and good judgment in problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Possesses excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge of local employment and labor laws.
- Meets deadlines and work within budgetary guidelines.
- Have open availability including weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Computer proficient on Windows, catering systems and basic software experience.
Apply here with your resume and references and let us connect you to your next career opportunity!
Interested candidates please apply directly and/or email email@example.com.
HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more. If you’re looking for work in the hospitality industry apply/search for our openings at: https://jobs2.smartsearchonline.com/hssstaffing/jobs/
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.