Directly responsible for the Catering and Special Event Sales. CSM’s manage all operational functions including customer relations, building sales, planning & organizing catering events, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, guest service and guest satisfaction within the Catering Department.
The successful candidate will effectively organize and oversee catering and special events from start to finish while keeping the customers and operation in top of mind by maximizing space and generating monthly metrics. Communicate with customers and team members in all phases to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Maintain excellent relationships with the client and their guests, as well as other departments within the operations. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Team Member qualities:
• A strong and committed work ethic with an ever-present enthusiasm
• A passion for and knowledge of food and beverage
• Someone who can lead and takes pride in teaching others
• Someone who is honest and has integrity
• Ability to multi-task under pressure with a smile
• A true team player, proactive and always going above and beyond
• An eye for detail and organization
• Someone who has the ability to make appropriate decisions in adverse situations
• Someone who is humble and always willing to learn and get better
• Ability to question, bring ideas to the table, and desire to make changes to be the best we can be!
• Drives Catering and Event Sales for Region by contacting a minimum of 70 potential clients per week, through in person cold calling and phone prospecting.
• Effectively uses Catering Software to place orders, manage client database, record all outreach, and pull weekly sales reports.
• Achieves sales goals provided by the company on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
• Assists in maintaining the catering database, online portal, menu, and catering marketing materials.
• Leads and manages all onsite events, offsite catering, and event promotions.
• Maintains and expands business with current clients through timely follow-up calls.
• Generates sales leads by gaining referrals from current clients.
• Assists with daily catering deliveries when needed.
• Sources staffing for on and off site events.
• Organizes walk-throughs, tastings, and coordinating outside services for all events.
• Prepares all required contracts, paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner for all catering and events.
• Works with culinary team to help control food cost and usage through proper execution of catering procedures, cost outs, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
• Maintains a positive attitude and extensive knowledge of our stores and menu as an extension of the brand.
• Responsible for scheduling and attending bi-weekly catering meetings with team members to facilitate caterings and promotional events.
• Attends monthly Chamber and Community Events.
• Participates in a bi-weekly conference call with the Catering Team.
• Participates in Greenleaf events at assigned stores.
• Maintains appropriate food safety practices in product transfer to and from events, onsite and off site as related to catering and operations.
• Schedules labor as required by anticipated event business while ensuring all positions staffed and labor cost objectives are met.
• Achieves company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation in offsite events while creating a positive and productive working environment.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations in and out of the restaurant.
• Ensure that all catering and event supplies and inventory is maintained in excellent working condition and cleanliness through personal inspection.
• Understand and comply with federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, alcohol awareness, safety and labor requirements of employees and guests at events.
• You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at the discretion of the Managing Member.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied restaurant positions.
• At least 2 years’ experience in catering sales.
• Manager ServSafe Certification.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with management, personnel and guests.
• Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of trading area.
• Exercises initiative, critical thinking and good judgment in problem solving and decision-making.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
• Must possess excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
• Have knowledge of local employment and labor laws.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work within budgetary guidelines.
• Have open availability including weekdays, weekends and holidays.
• Previous food service and hospitality related experience, progressive management experience in food and beverage operations
• Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register, POS system and restaurant base software.
• Computer proficient on Windows and basic software experience.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.