HSS is recruiting for an Collections Specialist for a direct position for our client in the Broomfield, CO area.
PAY: 16-18 per hour
The Collections Specialist will report to the Controller and work closely with the CEO. This position will also work closely with the sales department and the other administrative staff members. It is responsible for the collections of outstanding accounts receivable invoices, resolving customer billing issues and reducing the amount of past due receivables.
Key Job Duties:
- Contact customers regarding payments using email, telephone and letters and provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements with them. These must be handled in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations. Update the ERP system with communications with the customers for future reference.
- Record customer payments into the ERP system ensuring that the payments are properly applied to outstanding invoices and / or credits. Prepare the daily bank deposit for these payments.
- Review and analyze credit applications from new and existing customers. Contact credit references provided by the customer. Recommend to the Controller and/or CEO terms of sale for customer, i.e., credit card, COD certified funds, wire payment or net terms.
- Provide account statements to customers on an as needed basis. These may be mailed, emailed or faxed in Excel or PDF format.
- Review with the CEO and Controller accounts that are recommended to be filed with our collection agency. Discuss with the collection agency status on accounts they are responsible for and provide update to CEO and Controller.
- Discuss and recommend accounts that should be written-off as bad debt to the CEO and Controller. Make note in the ERP system of the write-off amount.
- Charge credit card payments as authorized by the customer.
- Willingness to help other Team Members in completing tasks / job duties during times they are out of the office or unusually overloaded with work.
- Maintain all pertinent electronic and paper files according to the Company’s document retention policies.
Required Qualifications: Must have 2+ years of experience in collections and basic knowledge of accounting. . Must have an attention to detail, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis in Excel and Outlook), experience in ERP system preferred (SAP Business One a plus), excellent key boarding skills, 10-key by touch and dealing with financial / numeric data. Must have the ability to communicate both verbally and written in a professional business like manner. Must also be a Team Player and an attitude of “will do.” Associates degree is preferred with high school diploma a must.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Work hours will be 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Occasional weekend or evening work is expected.
Interested candidates please apply directly and/or email email@example.com
HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more. If you’re looking for work in the hospitality industry apply/search for our openings at: https://jobs2.smartsearchonline.com/hssstaffing/jobs/
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.