Cooks (Northwest - Marana- Oro Valley)
Tucson, AZ , Marana, AZ Marana, AZ 85653
Hospitality Staffing Solutions is recognized as the hospitality staffing industry leader. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business, including four and five-diamond properties nationwide. We help people succeed by finding them positions within the hospitality industry.
We are seeking multiple Cooks to join our teams in Marana and Tucson Team to work at local Hotels/Resorts.
Cooks participate in planning and coordinating food preparation, training and leading personnel. Cooks work in the kitchens of cafeterias, hotels, buffets, and other institutions. For each meal, they prepare a large quantity of a limited number of entrees, vegetables, and desserts, according to preset menus. Meals generally are prepared in advance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check freshness of food and ingredients before cooking
- Wash and prepare fruits and vegetables
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes
- Prepare meats and fish in various ways
- Bake, roast, grill, broil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Boil and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Garnish, arrange, and serve food
- Test food by tasting, smelling or piercing to determine that it is cooked-through
- Maintain proper temperatures for hot and cold foods
- Apportion servings according to menu combinations or orders
- Provide assistance with tray set-up, salad preparation, and procuring food from refrigerator, freezer or other storage areas, etc.
- Cook, hold, and store food or food ingredients
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
- Assist with ordering meat, poultry and fish for use in meal preparation
- All other duties as assigned
- Follow all required safety and standard operating procedures
- Adhere to all company and regulatory policies, procedures and standards of
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Kitchens are usually hot, crowded, and filled with potential dangers. Cooks must stand for a long period of time and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Although the work is generally not dangerous, hazards include slips, falls, cuts from sharp knives, and burns from hot ovens.
Skills and Specialized Knowledge
Comprehension. Cooks must be able to understand customers’ orders and or planned menus and to read recipes to prepare dishes correctly.
Customer-service skills. Restaurant and short-order cooks must be able to deal with customer complaints and special requests.
Manual dexterity. Cooks should have excellent hand-eye coordination. For example, they need to know the proper knife techniques for cutting, chopping, and dicing.
Sense of taste and smell. All cooks must have a keen sense of taste and smell to prepare food that customers enjoy.
Stamina. The work of a cook can be physically tiring. They must spend a lot of time standing, cooking food over hot stoves, and cleaning work areas.
Teamwork. Cooks often prepare only part of a dish. They must coordinate with other cooks and food workers.
- Must meet company and client hire requirements
- Adequate experience to go beyond the organizational expectations regarding standards
- Acquaintance with usage of both manual and automatic tools used for cooking and cleaning
- Reliable and skilled at performing the cleaning duties
- Must be physically fit enough to lift, bend, twist, stoop and climb and carry at least 40 lbs., as well as be able to stand and walk over extensive time periods
- Can lift weight of 35 lbs. with no trouble
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence
- Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Must meet company and client grooming standards
- Must wear slip resistant shoes to avoid slips and falls
- Must have reliable transportation
Education and Experience
- 1- 3 Years Cooking/Kitchen experience in quantity food preparation
- Licenses and Certification preferred for mid-high level cook positions
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Food handlers permit if required per state regulations
- Food Safety Certification preferred and if required
Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, weekends and holidays
Report to work on schedule dates and time and maintain a responsible attendance record
- Competitive pay
- Eligible to participate in the health benefit program
- Upward career growth
- The opportunity to play an integral role in the growth of the business
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work weekends and flexiable schedule
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Ability to successfully pass a background and drug test
HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more. If you’re looking for work in the hospitality industry apply/search for our openings at: jobs.hssstaffing.com
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.