Job Category: Manufacturing
Job Number: 714
Pay Rate: Open
Hospitality Staffing Solutions (HSS), a division of KBS, was founded in 1990 and has since grown into the largest hospitality staffing firms in the nation supporting over 80 markets in 38 states. Our family of companies support industry leaders in market segments such as; hotels & resorts, senior living facilities, hospitals & medical facilities, event venues, restaurants, convention centers and stadiums, colleges & universities, manufacturing & production facilities, and more.
Named Best of Staffing by our clients for 2019 let us help you find your next opportunity!
HSS is currently seeking a direct hire Design Engineer for our manufacturing client in Winfield, KS.
This position is responsible for designing new and/or redesigning existing products and implementing them for the large part blow molding market. This person will provide both design and manufacturing engineering expertise and leadership throughout the introduction of the new products process.
Schedule: Monday through Friday - 7: 30 AM to 5 PM; Weekends and Overtime may be required
- Western Industries offers full benefits
- including medical
- 401k/w match and more
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar CAD system
- Product Design/plastic process knowledge (blow mold, roto mold, injection, etc.)
- General knowledge of mold construction
- Project Management – planning and organizing
- Communication Proficiency
- Large Part (over 10lb) Plastic Design Experience - Required
- General knowledge of Mold Design experience - Required
- Ability to work independently using Solidworks or a similar CAD system - Require
- 5 + years of experience in the Product Design/plastic process knowledge (blow mold, roto mold, injection, etc.) - Required
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline - Preferred
- This person will be exposed to manufacturing environments frequently at both our home facility as well as customer visits, resulting in exposure to extreme heat and/or cold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is occasionally required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position may require travel via vehicle, airplane, and other reasonable forms of transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides engineering expertise in the following areas:
- Works with sales staff and customers to identify new business opportunities
- Design parts and assemblies for large part blow molding taking into account the requirements of the customer and the capabilities of the blow molding process.
- Review existing products and assess the potential to redesign to convert to blow molding.
- Prepares files and/or drawings for designed products to present to customers.
- Work with tool shops to build molds for new projects.
- Work with purchasing and outside vendors to supply parts and packaging for new projects.
- Asses need for secondary fixtures for products and either design and build or manage purchase of the necessary fixtures.
- Work with Operations to sample and begin production of new parts.
- Work to establish and maintain records in MRP system.
- Participates in product design changes.
- Must have good written and verbal communication.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as required.
Apply here with your resume and references and let us connect you to your next career opportunity!
Interested candidates please apply directly and/or email direct@hssstaffing.Com.
HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more. If you’ re looking for work in the hospitality industry apply/search for our openings at: https://jobs2.Smartsearchonline.Com/hssstaffing/jobs/
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Plastic Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Product Design/plastic process knowledge: 5 years (Required)
- Mold Design: 1 year (Preferred)