Diesel Mechanic (Electrical)
Tucson, AZ 85711
JOB Description: POSITION OVERVIEW Perform all maintenance activities and tasks including shop and field preventive and predictive maintenance on Mobile and Stationary Mining Equipment, Light Vehicles, Support and Auxiliary Equipment.
- Rebuild mine or construction equipment components such as power train components, final drive components, brakes, suspension systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair mine and support equipment in the field.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems used on mine equipment.
- Diagnose and repair 12/24 volt electrical systems.
- Diagnose and repair propulsion and retarding electrical systems on mine diesel electric haulage and loading equipment such as Komatsu 830E / Liebherr T282B haul trucks and LeTourneau L2350 & L1100 loaders or similar equipment and systems.
- Diagnose and repair air and hydraulic brake systems on mining, construction or similar equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair Cat, Cummins, Detroit, and MTU diesel engines.
- Correctly and legibly fill out daily repair reports and describe details of work performed.
- Properly communicate the status of his assigned job with the relieving shift mechanics and shop supervisors.
- Operate the shop computer and use maintenance diagnostic computer systems.
- Must understand Asarco environmental policies; understand and practice all safety procedures for work environment and demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Availability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays (shifts may be rotating, operations are 24/7/365).
- Ability to work in adverse climate/temperature environment.
- Must be able to meet the required tool list for Repairman B.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or state approved apprenticeship.
- Air Conditioning Certification and experience is a plus.