Dry Cleaning Attendant - San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Receive and mark articles for laundry or dry cleaning with identifying code numbers or names, using hand or machine markers.
- Start washers, dry cleaners, driers, or extractors, and turn valves or levers to regulate machine processes and the volume of soap, detergent, water, bleach, starch, and other additives.
- Sort and count articles removed from dryers, and fold, wrap, or hang them.
- Examine and sort into lots articles to be cleaned, according to color, fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required.
- Load articles into washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to perform loading.
- Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches, and other solutions and chemicals to clean, color, dry, or stiffen articles.
- Clean machine filters, and lubricate equipment.
- Remove items from washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to do so.
- Operate extractors and driers, or direct their operation.
- Inspect soiled articles to determine sources of stains, to locate color imperfections, and to identify items requiring special treatment.