Tucson, AZ 85711
JOB Description: To maintain a safe workplace by supporting and enforcing company's safety rules, safe work practices, inspect, clean, repair, install wiring and maintain electrical equipment, service lines, substations, and other electrical equipment. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Uses blueprints and wiring diagrams in installing and maintaining electrical equipment.
- Dismantles, cleans, replaces worn or broken parts, rebuilds and tests electronic controls, motors, generators, transmission lines, control panels, rectifiers, etc., using hand, power and test tools.
- Inspects and adjusts electrical equipment on a pre-arranged schedule to assure proper operating condition.
- Test, splice and vulcanize cables, using vulcanizer, blowtorch and fire pot.
- Diagnoses cause of faulty operation and makes necessary repairs to keep equipment downtime to a minimum.
- Performs work on power lines and poles as required.
- Installs conduit, fittings, switches, controls and fixtures for new installations or replacements.
- Performs simple rigging as required.
- Writes daily report in logbook of works performed and condition of equipment.
- Keeps equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Obeys all safety rules performing all work in a safe and workman like manner.
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The worker is required to wear a Respirator.
- Ability to attend work regularly and work rotating shifts and rotating days off.
- The physical requirements of the position are considered Heavy Work: Exerting up to 80 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to perceive the nature of sounds with no less than a 40db loss @ 500 Hz, 1, 000 Hz, and 2, 000 Hz, and 3, 000 Hz with or without correction.
- Ability to communicate by means of hand signals.
- The ability to work in conditions of extreme heat, extreme cold, vibration, chemicals (airborne and/or skin exposure, high noise levels, confined spaces, heights.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs, ramps, and the like with agility.
- Ability to kneel or work in cramped positions.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 4 years in electrical maintenance in heavy industry, exposure to large mining equipment is a plus.