Event Sales Manager - Taskforce
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times. Quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, develop professional long term business relationships.
- Excellent time management, self-management and self-motivation. Must be organizationally savvy with a keen focus on detail.
- Create BEO’ s in Marriott CI/TY platform, detail upcoming events.
- Must be able to fill schedule with continuous stream of customer contacts on property, on location or via the telephone and internet.
- Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies then set goals and determine action plans to meet those goals. Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
- Coordinate and participate in bi-annual sales blitzes per hotel/market
- Prepare weekly sales and productivity reports communicating customer contacts/opportunities for the week.
- Own and follow up on all details of customer events from booking to follow up
- Benchmark competition for catering best practices and make recommendations to properties
- Develop strong relationships with on property sales and food and beverage staff to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals
- Ensure property follow up and communicate customer needs and profiles so seamless hand off can occur.
- Participate in all property specific customer functions.
- Knowledgeable of all Marriott CI/TY system functions and consistent use of Sales Forms i.E. Saturation work sheets, QIC and Pre-call planning
- Involvement in Community Activities and Hotel Programs important.
- Attend, participate and contribute to all Sales Strategy and Sales Team meetings.
- Attend any brand required training as well as other meetings requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
- Clear understanding of specific targeted business for the brand
- Inform Director of Catering of potential opportunities/concerns with clients and progress of special projects.
- Carry out any reasonable request by Management that you are capable of performing.
- Ensure clear communication between departments.
- Represent Harrell Hospitality Group, in a professional manner at all times
- Complete weekly expense reports and submit to Director of Sales.
- Comply with company policies and procedures. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
- Understanding of Marriott systems, CI/TY required
- Knowledge of banquet event operations
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize and delegate.
- Written commination skills to be concise, well organized, complete and clear.
- Maintain a positive, productive, professional attitude and appearance in dealing with all other departments in the hotel.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Abilty to travel 80-100% of time and be on assignment 30-45 days at a time.
If you meet the requirements and this job meets your skills and interest, please apply with your resume and your hourly pay desired for consideration. At HSS, we look forward to meeting you! Problems applying? Reach out to us directly with your resume to: TA@hssstaffing.Com. HSS is the largest staffing agency in hospitality, are you interested in other positions at HSS? Check out additional great opportunities at: https://jobs2.Smartsearchonline.Com/hssstaffing/jobs/ . HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.