Portland, OR 97209
Hospitality Staffing Solutions is recognized as the industry leader. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business, including four and five-diamond properties nationwide.
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervises all housekeeping employees, has the authority to hire or discharge, plans and assigns work assignments, give training for newly recruited employees, audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies. Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
EH PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed. Evaluates employees to upgrade them when openings arise.
Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast. Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department.
Recruit and train new employees. Assigns new employees to work with experienced help. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Works to ensure department is working within Housekeeping Budget.
- Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
- Supervise up to 14 direct reports with over 200 employees
- Perform employee performance evaluations and ongoing coaching
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of hallways leading to guest rooms.
- Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
- Minimum at least 5 years in housekeeping management
- Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge including POS system knowledge and experience.
- Must have flexibility and open to work weekends and holidays.
- Work with Hotels with at least 100 rooms
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary, relocation assistance
- Health Benefits after 60 days, holiday pay, paid time off
- Laptop and cell phone
- Ongoing training and development
- Career growth opportunities
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or based on disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.