Portland, OR 97201
EHK PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES: Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed. Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise. Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast. Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department. Recruit and train new employees. Assigns new employees to work with experienced help. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Works to ensure department is working within Housekeeping Budget.
- Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
- Supervise up to 14 direct reports with over 200 employees
- Perform employee performance evaluations and ongoing coaching
- Daily inspection of hallways leading to guest rooms.
- Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
- Minimum at least 5 years in housekeeping management
- Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge including POS system knowledge and experience.
- Must have flexibility and open to work weekends and holidays.
- Work with Hotels with at least 100 rooms
- Competitive salary, relocation assistance
- Health Benefits after 60 days, holiday pay, paid time off
- Laptop and cell phone
- Ongoing training and development
- Career growth opportunities