Food and Beverage Manager
Marfa, TX 79843
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support team members ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with resort core values.
- Create and implement SOP’ s for all shifts for outlets, room service and events.
- Monitor product quality and guest satisfaction in food and beverage outlets, ensuring food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared according to recipe and to guest specifications.
- Ensure the restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and team members.
- Visually inspect and take action to ensure the appearance of facilities is appealing and attractive to guests at all times.
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers with high level of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ensure all equipment is in working order.
- Participate in marketing efforts of the restaurants & events as directed.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlets and events.
- Document inventory, forecast usage and monitor supply so restaurants are adequately stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, in order to provide service.
- Abide by all regulations and requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Help develop and implement sustainability guidelines and practices
- Practice safe work habits and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Able to implement menu engineering
- Experience creating a strategic wine and spirit list in a luxury hotel. Ideal candidate is familiar with Wine Spectator awards of excellence requirements and Sommelier level one certification (Tasting techniques. Cellar organisation and management. Service of wine. Decanting. Winemaking. Sparkling wine production).
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum 2 years management & leadership experience in similar role at a boutique luxury resort required.
- Qualifications and full compliance with all requirements listed in the job description.
- Proven track record as a hospitality leader and team player.
- Work schedule varies and may include working various shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires ability to navigate throughout the operation lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests and associates verbally and in writing with fluency in English and Spanish.