Front Desk Associate
Wilmette, IL 60091-2942
The GSR II completes guest registration, room assignments, blocking, check out, and accounting procedures. Provides efficient, gracious, and professional guest service.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging Service Pledge and brand basics. Understand the Standards Way.
• Perform all duties on the position certification checklist.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and effectively explain items such as common reports, guest folios, and emergency procedures. Know role in emergency situations.
• Give a warm and sincere greeting. Check the guest in and out efficiently and in a friendly manner. Use the guest’ s name at least twice. Anticipate the guest’ s needs and exceed their expectations. Give the guest a fond farewell/warm good-bye. Thank them and invite them back
• Open and close shift correctly. Make cash drops in accordance with proper cash handling procedures.
• Understand and consistently follow all cash handling procedures including the hotel credit and check cashing procedures.
• Ensure all credit cards and cash funds are balanced throughout each shift. Follow PCI Compliance.
• Complete guest and information privacy training.
• Handle guest mail, messages and safe deposit boxes per SOP.
• Offer and properly handle requests for wake-up calls and “ do not disturb” requests.
• Effectively operate the hotel computer system or property management system upon certification.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, hotel services, hours of operation, room locations, room rates, amenities, hotel surroundings (i.E. Mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
• Keep desk area clean. Understand that it is every associate’ s responsibility to keep the hotel clean and in immaculate condition. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the Lobby and Entrance.
• Inform management of any guest or system-related issues.
• Read and initial log daily.
• Follow brand check-in/check-out procedures for all guests.
• Assist with Sales and Marketing efforts as directed by management staff.
• Possess working knowledge of reservation procedures. Know cancellation and walk procedures
• Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
• Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
• Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates, and managers. Effectively respond to and resolve guest complaints.
• Promote teamwork and associate morale.
• Follow proper key control procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned SKILLS
• Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. Regularly.
• Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs occasionally with assistance.
• Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
• Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear. Apply here with your resume and references and let us connect you to your next career opportunity! Interested candidates please apply directly and/or email search@hssstaffing.Com. HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more. If you’ re looking for work in the hospitality industry apply/search for our openings at: https://jobs2.Smartsearchonline.Com/hssstaffing/jobs/ HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.