Zephyr Cove, NV 89448
Housekeepers contribute to the hotel's commitment to high quality guest service and teamwork and must be the kind of person who appreciates high standards of excellence.
The Housekeeper creates an experience for hotel guests by offering them a larger than home experience with welcoming, helpful and exceptional service, while maintaining a clean, comfortable and inviting environment. Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning Hotel guest rooms while providing great customer service.
They are accountable for cleaning the required number of rooms, making beds, changing linens, and cleaning toilets, sinks and mirrors. Housekeepers ensure that rooms are cleaned to standard operating and quality procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping and mopping floors in guest rooms, offices, hallways and reception areas.
- Dust and polish furniture in rooms and lobbies and ensure that all fixtures such as lights and chandeliers are cleaned properly.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs in rooms and other hotel areas and occasionally shampoo them according to provided instructions.
- Wash and sanitize bathrooms and replenish supplies such as soap, shampoo, toilet paper and towels.
- Mix cleaning agents in appropriate portions and ensure that they are safely used and stored according to safety policies and procedures of the hotel.
- Empty ashtrays and waste bins and ensure that all waste material is properly and safely disposed of.
- Check stock levels of cleaning and sanitizing supplies and equipment and create and maintain effective liaison with suppliers for prompt delivery of both.
- Create and maintain detailed inventory of cleaning supplies according to specified rules and regulations.
- Ascertain that laundry services are properly coordinated for all guests to minimize complaints and dissatisfaction.
- Accept complaints and suggestions in a graceful manner and ensure that they are addressed according to protocol.
High School diploma or GED preferred, but not necessary
Prior housekeeping, cleaning or customer service experience preferred
Must have schedule flexibility for both AM/PM shifts, weekends and holidays
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well unsupervised.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Handle basic maintenance and cleaning.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and interact positively with hotel guests.
- Hard worker.
- Ability to pass a Background and Drug check.
HSS is the largest staffing agency in hospitality and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or based on disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.