Seattle, WA 98101 US
Hospitality Staffing Solutions is recognized as the largest national hospitality staffing company today serving over 900 hotels nationwide. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business.
HSS is currently seeking a Dispatcher for our busy Housekeeping operation at our hotel located in Lake Union / Downtown Seattle area.
Responsible for assisting and supporting the Supervisors and Housekeepers in meeting quality and timeliness standards. A Dispatcher must ensure he or she follows the company mission statement and values. Housekeeping tracking of all room activities and administrative duties assigned by housekeeping leaders.
Duties and responsibilities
· Ability to communicate effectively with guests, site staff, and HSS employees by written and verbal means.
· Ability to utilize all office equipment (fax, copier, laptop, time clock etc.)
· Maintain a high standard of excellence
· Answer and coordinate all phone and radio calls
· Able to perform multiple tasks at once
· Basic computer knowledge
· Demonstrates ability to use and understand HSS' s scheduling program, control sheet, updating rooms in PMS, daily mark up sheet and controlsheet daily
· Problem solving
· Delegate tasks between employees equally
· Record lost and found items and ensure safe storage
· File daily paperwork
· Organizational skills
· Clear and professional communication skills
· Ensure a safe working environment in office
· Professional office work ethics
· Willing and able to perform any and all duties related to site operation as directed by the Executive Housekeeper
· Maintain a sense of urgency so that units are turned on time
· Personal timeliness, be prompt with all assignments and appointments
· Use supplies and equipment efficiently and effectively
· Assist in linen inventories, supplies, control sheet data entry for billing of services as directed
· Assist in solving guest complaints promptly
· Create strong, positive customer relations
· Willing and able to assist resort and leadership on additional tasks as appointed Qualifications
· High School diploma or GED preferred, but not necessary
· Prior housekeeping, cleaning or customer service experience preferred
· Must have schedule flexibility for both AM/PM shifts, weekends and holidays
Work is performed in a hotel and requires the ability to stand and walk for extended amounts of time, must be able to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
· Walking for long periods
· Standing for long periods
· Climb stairs frequently
· Frequent twisting, bending, stooping and reaching
· Regularly lift up to 25 lbs.
· Odors or Dust
· Cleaning Chemicals
· Laundry Chemicals
· Indoor/Outdoor weather variation conditions
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
· Must be willing to take a drug test
· Must be willing to undergo a background check
· Must be 18 years of age or older
If you meet the requirements and this job meets your skills and interest, please apply with your resume and your hourly pay desired for consideration. At HSS, we look forward to meeting you!
HSS is the largest staffing agency in hospitality and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or based on disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.