Housekeeping Supervisor NEEDED in WEST LOOP AREA of Chicago, IL
Chicago, IL 60601
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Internal Supervisor could be a part-time or full-time position and is responsible for some daily operations, supervising HSS associates and overall customer satisfaction. This individual works in the Housekeeping department of the hotel and reports to the Account Supervisor.
The Internal Supervisor ensures that the company meets all compliance standards and customer service needs. Responsibilities include recording inspection results, resolving customer complaints and orientation of new employees. Their role also includes duties such as making schedules and managing call offs of staff. The Internal Supervisor is the primary contact between HSS employees and hotel managers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Internal Supervisors must possess excellent organizational skills and be detail-orientated. Being able to work in a fast-paced environment, make sound decisions and utilize good judgment benefits people in this position. Internal Supervisors need to be able to multi-task, establish priorities and communicate well with others. Having knowledge of computers and software programs, such as Excel, PowerPoint and MSWord is preferred. Internal Supervisors are expected to be familiar with housekeeping standards and current practices.
- Train and execute the brand standards of the hotel assigned (optional based on property)
- Conduct daily morning meetings
- Manage call offs with Account Supervisor
- Execute daily inspection process for GRA’s
- Manage guest requests
- Report any disciplinary issues to Account Supervisor
- Key control – (Optional based on property)
- Ensure HSS
- staff members follow all policies and procedures as they relate to safety, security and behavior standards established by the hotel
- Follow up on signing logs/ punch in / out – timesheets or clocks.
JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Prior housekeeping, cleaning or customer service experience
- 1 year experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor in a full service hotel a plus
- Bilingual: Fluent in both English and Spanish (optional based on market)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work on weekends and holidays
- Must meet company and hotel grooming standards