1238 hendersonville rd suite 217 Asheville, NC 28803
Full Time: a position averaging 35+ hours per week.
The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for assisting and supporting room attendants in the maintenance and cleanliness of guest areas and rooms in accordance with both hotel and four star/diamond standards. Duties include, but are not limited to: removal and storage of dirty linen and trash from room attendant carts and hallways; providing room attendants with timely service and clean materials; and handing guest deliveries to rooms and special requests.
- Previous experience in housekeeping and/or custodial, janitorial, or related field strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel housekeeping and/or rooms operations preferred.
- Commitment to delivering world class guest service and anticipating guest needs.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques helpful.
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively, work as part of a team and under deadlines, and exercise good judgment. Must be able to prioritize.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative as appropriate.
- Solid communication skills. Must be able to respond appropriately to guest requests.
- Ability to operate/use small commercial cleaning equipment.
- Able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 75 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally (with assistance).
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work area; must be able to kneel, stoop, bend, reach overhead and below.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time throughout the shift; may occasionally work in locations where the ability to climb ladders or stairs would be required.