Truckee, CA 96161
Basic Job Description:
Supervise work activities of janitorial personnel in commercial and industrial establishments. Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding janitorial services and take corrective action. May purchase janitorial supplies and equipment, take periodic inventories, screen applicants, train new employees, and recommend dismissals.
1) Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
2) Scheduling Work and Activities -- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
3) Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
4) Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
5) Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
1) Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
2) Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
3) Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
4) Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
5) Instructing -- Teaching others how to do something.
6) Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
7) Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
8) Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
9) Writing -- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
10) Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
11) Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
12) Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
13) Learning Strategies -- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
14) Management of Material Resources -- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Oral Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Knowledge, Experience, Education:
Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Personnel and Human Resources -- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
HSS is the largest staffing agency in hospitality and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or based on disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.