Lead Kitchen Cleaner (Overnight)
Portland, OR 97209
Lead Overnight Kitchen Cleaner
Hospitality Staffing Solutions is recognized as the largest national hospitality staffing company today serving over 900 hotels nationwide. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business.
As a Lead Kitchen Cleaner, your role is primarily to lead and inspire a team of Kitchen Cleaners to make sure that they exceed in their roles.
You will be required to complete various admin and managerial tasks such as training and day to day supervision of service. As a Lead, you will be an ambassador and role model of service excellence for your team and those around you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all staff are trained on correct usage of chemicals and cleaning equipment.
- Actively manage and encourage your Kitchen Cleaners ensuring that company expectations are always adhered.
- Undertake any other reasonable task as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
- Hold weekly team huddles to maintain levels of communication across the team.
- Carry out training as required ensuring that your team have the skills needed to excel
- Ensure all staff adhere to the uniform and personal hygiene policy as detailed within Company policies.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Report any defects to the Executive Housekeeper
- Report any near misses and accidents to the Executive Housekeeper
- Good numerical and communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Proven track record of employment within the hospitality industry
- Able to work overnight.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
HSS is the largest staffing agency in hospitality and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or based on disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.