Tucson, AZ 85711
JOB Description: The Lineman is responsible for installing and maintaining cables and wires used to supply electrical throughout the mine.
- Attends morning meeting to obtain line-up and job assignment.
- Completes pre-op inspection and operates pick-up truck to designated work area.
- Conducts tailgate meeting to discuss work goals and any safety hazards.
- Digs holes using backhoe loader and hoists electrical poles upright into holes.
- Operates bucket truck to prepare the pole to install wire and pulls wire through by hand or with the use of a winch.
- Replaces and straightens poles and attaches crossarms, insulators, and auxiliary equipment.
- Repairs defective power cables and auxiliary equipment for power lines.
- Measures voltage using electronic test equipment.
- Monitors shovel box ground voltage.
- Completes ground sheet report upon completion of work assignment.
- Climbs up and down poles with climbing gear.
- Must demonstrate the highest commitment to health and safety.
- Must demonstrate the highest commitment to environmental compliance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Must be skilled in resolving day-to-day questions and/or problems regarding equipment, materials, methods and procedures needed to complete projects.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot problems.
- Must possess a practical knowledge of MSHA standards and enforcement.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of lineman experience
- MSHA certification a plus