29928 Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
The Maintenance Manager manages and assists in the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the interior and exterior maintenance of the buildings and common areas. The position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery to ensure all facilities are working properly.
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product
- Coaches, counsels and manages performance of direct reports.
- Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance schedule program
- Inspects work completed
- Arranges for and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
- Prepares budgets and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed.
- Enforces sound safety practices.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Training abilities.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driving.
- Technical Capacity.
- Knowledge of the trades
- Microsoft Office products
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work include weekends. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
- High school or trade school diploma.
- Minimum of five years’ related experience in building maintenance supervision
- Experience in a facility that provide services to the public (hotel, resort or hospital preferred)
- Track record of consistent long term employment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Military experience