Chicago, IL 60601 Chicago, IL 60601
HSS is one of the largest hospitality staffing firms across the nation. We work with reputable hotels with great work environments in Chicago Downtown area.
We currently have open positions for Maintenance Assistant; this is a full time role in a great hotel located in downtown right on the loop. This is a great opportunity if you have experience Apply now you could be working over the weekend.
Job Requirements for Maintenance Assistant:
- Handles routine maintenance, repairs and cleanliness in guest rooms, public spaces, event space, outlets, back of house spaces and grounds.
- Performs routine operating equipment checks and repairs.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the hotel’s safety systems and takes corrective action on any maintenance or operating problems which affect the security or operating condition of the hotel.
- Participates in the room preventative maintenance program·
- Delivers guest requests when needed
Additional Requirements for Maintenance Assistant :
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration systems, electricity and plumbing
- HVAC knowledge
- Basic knowledge of food service equipment
- OSHA knowledge
Standards for Maintenance Assistant:
- Able to work alone without direct supervision
- Demonstrate high degree of drive and determination
- Constantly recommend service and product improvement to better the operation
- Attend all required meetings
- Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures
- Properly handle and report associate and guest accidents
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental polices/service procedures/standards
- Assist with responsibilities and duties in other departments and as assigned by management
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
Physical Demand for Maintenance
- Continuous standing 100% of the shift
- Inside and outside work during shift
- Lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying required up to 100lbs or more. Carts may be pulled up to 75 feet
- Bending/Kneeling required 70% of the shift
- Mobile position requiring 100% of the time
- Subject to loud noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions and oils
Benefits for Maintenance Worker
- Full time job
- Safety work environment
- Pay $14- 16 per hour
- Medical benefits are offered