Winfield, KS 67156
- The position has primary responsibility to assist in the development and implementation of the plant’ s continuous improvement initiative with a specific emphasis on successful implementation of all plant productivity and new product/process introduction projects.
- Leads and support multiple team Kaizen/ 5S events.
- Support productivity project leaders in measuring performance against customer requirements and executing improvement projects for process improvement using Six Sigma methodology, analysis of data, preparing reports and implementing process mapping.
- Makes implementation and results a top priority and regularly updates the plant’ s implementation plan.
- Empowers every employee in the plant through positive reinforcement of team oriented continuous improvement.
- Communicates the status of engineering efforts to both the plant management and other engineering resources. Provides documentation of results and benefits achieved
- Shares “ best practice” methods and ideas throughout plant.
- Process costing and standards.
- Develops methods that will be used to accomplish all of the tasks involved in production, including devising systems for quality control, distribution, and inventory.
- Layouts, fixtures, robotics, safety considerations, flow/VSM, etc.
- BSME, BSIE or relevant technical BS Degree.
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools and methodology, strong quantitative, analytical and process redesign skills, along with the excellent project management skills are required. Green Belt or higher certification a strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment.
- Good presentation skills to effectively share the success and ideas.
- MS Office software skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Minitab, MS Project.
- Bottom line oriented with knowledge of financial functions.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- High energy, self-motivated, enthusiastic, well organized.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of Automation/ Robotic programming
- Demonstrated ability to not only use Six Sigma and Lean Principles such as DMAIC, SPC, Cpk, GR&R, Control Plans, DOE, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Visual Factory, TPM, Kaizen, JIT, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, SMED as well as other Continuous Improvement Process tools.
- Experience with blow molding and mechanical plastics assembly.