Payroll & Accounts Payable specialist
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for processing all vendor invoices, maintaining payable files and processing weekly & biweekly payroll. This position will exercise professional judgment and has the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Principal Accountabilities: Oversight
- Our Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist is responsible for monitoring all vendor invoices, billings, and processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll.
- Accounts Payable
- Process Accounts Payable invoices accurately and timely.
- Scan invoices to AP lockbox and integrate invoices to Quickbooks daily.
- Pay vendors by scheduling and preparing checks; resolving invoice, or payment discrepancies; making sure credit is received for outstanding credit memos.
- Interact with external vendors on all matters relating to payment invoices.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Reconcile vendor statements and related transactions monthly.
- Periodic review of vendor insurance Accords.
- Maintain petty cash and reconcile monthly.
- Monitor and reconcile all local vendor charge accounts and purchase credit card transactions.
- Maintains all essential employee documentations, verifying and entering new hires.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll.
- Ensure time sheets are accurate, including corrections and paid time off hours are keyed timely.
- Prepare payroll checks for employees who do not have direct deposit.
- Process and monitor garnishment orders as issued.
- Prepare and report state and federally payroll taxes accurately and timely.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Other Duties:
- Maintain historical records and protect confidential information.
- Reconcile general ledger regarding Accounts Payable and Payroll transactions.
- Year-end preparation of W2s and 1099s.
- Participate in month end closing and audits.
- Assist with other projects as needed
- The ideal candidate should have a college degree, background in accounting or finance
- 5 – 7 years of progressively responsible roles.
- He or she must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, aptitude for numbers and exceptional commitment to accuracy.
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with minimal supervision, ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines,
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Competitive Salary
- Career Growth opporutnites
- Medical/Dental coverage and prescription drug program available
- Life and disability coverage
- 100% vested 401(k) program with company match
- Two weeks’ vacation