Winfield, KS 67156
- Coordinate and direct blow molding operations in the achievement of production needs, quality and safety objectives.
- Assign trained operators to machines based on the production schedule, plan for rotations, and make adjustments for absences as needed.
- Confirms all required documentation and computer entries are complete accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proactively, provides team members instruction on proper techniques and procedures. Performs follow up checks during the shift and provides management with feedback regarding the performance of the individual team members.
- Foster active participation of the workforce to enhance awareness and cooperation.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment for assigned team.
- Ensures that the company operations meet or exceed OSHA requirements and that all operations follow company policy and government regulation.
- Handle all supervisory responsibilities for assigned personnel, including training, performance evaluation, and disciplinary actions per company policy.
- Conduct initial investigation of production, safety or quality problems as they arise.
- Partners and collaborates with other departments to maintain a balanced workflow and efficient use of available resources.
- Ensure product quality and all manufacturing activities follow or exceed applicable quality procedures and standards. Must be able to recognize defects or errors in production work centers.
- Supports production Lean initiatives through attending assigned training and driving Lean initiatives in meetings as well as on the production floor.
- Understands and drives root cause analysis by completing reports as required.
- Identify, document, and implement procedures to reduce costs, eliminate waste, and improve overall efficiency.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Associates degree or higher preferred in a related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, and MRP/ERP utilization is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a Production Supervision or equivalent position
- Frontline Leadership or Supervisory experience in an industrial setting
- Blow molding experience a strong plus
- Ability to accurately record data.
- Computer knowledge and skills required
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formats.