Public Area and Maintenance Attendant
2740 E Oakland Park Blvd , Suite 100 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
HSS is looking for personnel to work in hotel maintenance and janitorial services. Daily tasks may include light cleaning, perform minor repairs and perform yard upkeep. We are seeking organized and proactive employees to staff our Hotels and resorts, and to perform all necessary maintenance tasks.
HSS is the largest provider of staffing to hotels and resorts nationwide. We focus on luxury to mid-scale properties and are commitment to providing safe and dependable job opportunities for our associates.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship is required