Corona, CA 92880
HSS Hospitality Staffing Solutions (HSS) is recognized as the largest national hospitality staffing company today serving over 900 hotels nationwide. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business. We are committed to finding and placing the best hospitality talent in the industry!
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on professional Restaurant Manager with a positive attitude, top-notch customer service, excellent communication, leadership and people skills for our client located in Corona, CA area.
Our client is a local family-owned company that has been in the restaurant business for 45+ years. We offer dining services throughout SoCal at 12 restaurants currently covering 4 different counties.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing and directing the seamless running of food and beverage operations at the restaurant while ensuring that the standards of excellence are met. In coordination with his/her counterpart, the Restaurant Manager will supervise hourly employees and support financial responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage full-service restaurant operations
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling shifts, ordering supplies, and developing restaurant team
- Ensure staff is properly equipped with the tools to complete their tasks and that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition
- Maintain food service and production levels by leading strong FOH and BOH execution
- Manage, hire, supervise, train and coach 25+ hourly employees per shift
- Address conflict and performance issues quickly
- Responsible for completing Performance Reviews and making recommendations for disciplinary actions, promotion, hiring, and advancement of hourly personnel
- Guarantee that food/team member and site safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently.
- Maintain company safety and sanitation standards and ensure Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are followed
- Possess complete understanding of the employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within it
- Maintain highest standards of food and beverage quality in compliance with federal and state liquor laws, guest service, cost control, and consistency of service
- Responsible for ensuring that proper food handling procedures and presentation are being met by the staff
- Operate within the budget and identifies new ways to improve the business
- Control Profit & Loss (i.E., Budget attainment) by following cash control/ security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
- Respond to guest concerns/complaints in a timely manner and correct errors/resolve complaints while maintaining a positive attitude
- Provide guests with accurate and thorough information regarding menu items, pricing, and allergen information
- Plan, market and timely execute corporate & marketing programs, special events/promotions in the restaurant
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor' s Degree preferred)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver' s License
- 21+ years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public (Fluency in Spanish and other languages is a plus)
- Experience in food safety and planning
- Knowledge of profitability analysis and budgeting, cost of sales, purchasing, receiving, inventories and cost controls
- Knowledge of state and local laws as it applies to liquor, beer and spirits labor, and health code regulations
- Experience with POS systems and back office reporting systems
- Familiarity with proper lifting techniques
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations
- Strong problem solving, communication, and time management skills
- Operational knowledge of cash handling procedures and food service equipment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet
- ServSafe Food Manager Certification or Prometric Food Manager Certification (required)
- CA Responsible Beverage Service (required)
Full-time salaried employees at Our Client are offered fantastic benefits such as:
Paid Time Off
50% Employee Discount at all locations
Interested in additional opportunities visit us at:
Having problems applying? Please send us your resume directly to TATEAM@HSSSTAFFING.Com
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.