HSS Hospitality Staffing Solutions is recognized as the largest national hospitality staffing company today serving over 900 hotels nationwide. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business. We are committed to finding and placing the best hospitality talent in the industry!
HSS is currently recruiting for a Senior Director of Facilities Management direct position in Chicago area.
PAY DOE 100K+
The Senior Director of Facilities Management protects the health and safety of the residents, associates and owners by ensuring the physical condition of their communities meet the operating standards. This role is also a subject matter resource for property Chief Engineers to help them protect their communities from property and equipment damage, loss, and deterioration. This position will provide coaching, technical expertise, problem solving and training to new Community Chief Engineers for their portfolio of properties. This role reports to the Assistant Vice President of Management Operations, indirectly to the AVP of Facilities Management and partners in concert with Area Directors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• This position will be required to travel to Mid west locations including Minneapolis, Kansas City and several additional locations; sometimes travel may be a little bit more, or a little bit less, depending on the needs of the Chief Engineers and their teams;
• Collaborates with operational Area Directors to identify and resolve community concerns related to people performance, product enhancements and overall facilities priorities for each community;
• Evaluates and coaches Chief Engineers when needed in how to achieve their quarterly metrics, meet or exceed resident service requests in a timely manner; and enables the Chief Engineers to develop their own teams and prioritize competing priorities;
• Demonstrates expert knowledge in the company’s policies and procedures; ensuring that the Chief Engineers are also knowledgeable and executing upon the required facilities and maintenance operating standards;
• Leads and ensures implementation and adherence of the Company’s environmental and safety program for all communities in their portfolio and completes the bi-annual Safety Checklists for each of their assigned communities;
• Coaches Chief Engineers through the budgeting process to ensure capital expenditures, hi/low inventory, and maintenance operating expenses are thoroughly accounted for in the next calendar year;
• Leads three-day new hire orientation for new Chief Engineers, Building Engineers and Technicians to educate the new associates on technical skills and the policies and procedures impacting these roles;
• Analyzes and prioritizes issues, data, information and facility in concert with the Area Directors when handling emergency and safety related concerns that may arise at a community;
• Leads, manages, and communicates information about capital projects and property rehabilitation’s, including but not limited to, bidding, vendor selection, contract execution, scheduling and budgeting;
• Assists Chief Engineers and Property Managers in negotiating, bidding, contracting and maintaining facility related contracts for landscaping & irrigation; HVAC; janitorial services; pest control; paving & concrete, resurfacing, striping; painting interior & exterior; security, elevator & fire alarm monitoring; plumbing, electrical, flooring, and related facility repairs; and
• Designs and develops complicated equipment predictive and preventive maintenance schedules per each of their communities and advises Property Managers and Area Directors.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; or relevant years of experience with some college;
• Experience with high rise building systems, infrastructure and operations;
• Minimum of ten (10) years regional maintenance/facilities experience in the hospitality or multi-family housing industry;
• Minimum experience of five (5) years leading a decentralized team
• Ability to travel at least 50% of the time to regional Midwest locations
• Excellent and proven mechanical aptitude; with demonstrated experience in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, fire suppression, fire alarm, conveyance equipment, drywall repairs, carpentry, and pool & spa maintenance experience; and
• EPA Universal certification is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITY
• Ability to provide direction and instruction to subordinates in a coaching manner;
• Ability to professionally communicate with residents, senior leadership and ownership;
• Ability to demonstrate engaging and sound facilitation skills to conduct classroom-style training;
• Ability to demonstrate past experiences in prioritizing work responsibilities and that of others;
• Ability to demonstrate methods of implementation and execution for policies and procedures and change management practices; and
• Ability to demonstrate planning and managing resources within budget and time constraints.
Apply here with your resume and references and let us connect you to your next career opportunity!
HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more. If you’re looking for work in the hospitality industry apply/search for our openings at: https://jobs2.smartsearchonline.com/hssstaffing/jobs/
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.