Stewards - Dishwashers- Utility Workers (Northwest - Marana- Oro Valley)
Tucson, AZ , Marana, AZ Marana, AZ 85653
Hospitality Staffing Solutions is recognized as the hospitality staffing industry leader. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business, including four and five-diamond properties nationwide. We help people succeed by finding them positions within the hospitality industry.
We are seeking multiple Stewards to join our teams in Marana and Tucson Team to work at local Hotels/Resorts.
Stewards also known as dishwashers clean and sanitize, deliver and retrieve all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and pans. They are responsible for maintaining the dish room and dish machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition
- Return and place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in the appropriate storage areas
- Prepare and package individual place settings
- Sort and remove trash placing it in designated pickup areas
- Clean garbage cans
- Sweep and scrub floors
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food and supplies
- Receive and store supplies
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and salad bars
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks
- Is required to assist as needed, and in a variety of capacities, including setting and breaking down tables and dining areas
- Communicates well with others
- This job does not usually exercise supervisory responsibilities
- Follows all required safety and standard operating procedures
- Adheres to all company and regulatory policies, procedures and standards of conduct
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The atmosphere varies between the fast-paced kitchen and the subdued quiet of the dining room. There is normally a pervasive sense of urgency in both areas. Many restaurants require stewards to wear company uniforms. Although injuries and illnesses are seldom serious, hazards may include slips, falls, cuts, and burns. Stewards are typically required to move fast to provide support to the wait and kitchen staff expedite service and keep the operations on track. A good steward is imperative to the success of a busy food service operation.
Most stewards obtain their skills through short-term on-the-job training. Training generally starts with basic sanitation and workplace safety regulations and continues with instructions on how to handle and deliver assistance.
Because workers interact with all personnel, advancement opportunities are many if they excel and show interest and initiative. Many workers start as helpers and progress into other positions as they learn basic techniques.
Skills and Specialized Knowledge
Listening skills. Workers must be able to understand specific orders and follow directions.
Manual dexterity. Because stewards are constantly moving and working with different materials from glass to metal pots and pans to machinery and varying temperatures of water, they must have good hand control.
Stamina. High energy and stamina are required to be a steward. Stewards must be able to spend most of their work time on their feet as they clean work areas or lift heavy objects.
Teamwork. The fast-paced environment in kitchens can be hectic and stressful, especially during peak dining hours. Stewards must be able to work well as part of a team to ensure that kitchen items are moved properly, quickly, safely and efficiently.
- Must meet company and hotel hire requirements
- Knowledge of basic sanitary guidelines
- Knowledge of basic dish machine operations
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Must be physically fit enough to lift, bend, twist, stoop and climb, as well as be able to walk over extensive time periods
- The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds
- A keen eye for detail is often a desired trait
- Must be able to work independently without constant supervision.
- Able to perform other duties as instructed
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must meet company and hotel grooming standards
- Must wear slip resistant shoes to avoid slips and falls
- Must have reliable transportation
High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
Experience working hotel industry a plus
Must be able to work a flexible schedule; morning and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
Report to work on schedule dates and time and maintain a responsible attendance record
- Competitive pay
- Eligible to participate in the health benefits program
- Upward career growth
- The opportunity to play an integral role in the growth of the company
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work weekends and flexible schedule
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Ability to successfully pass a background and drug test
HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more. If you’re looking for work in the hospitality industry apply/search for our openings at: jobs.hssstaffing.com
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.