Job Category: Food & Beverage
Job Number: 389
Pay Rate: Open
HSS Hospitality Staffing Solutions (HSS) is recognized as the largest national hospitality staffing company today serving over 900 hotels nationwide. Our commitment to quality in servicing hospitality clients has earned HSS the trust and respect of the best hotel brands in the business. We are committed to finding and placing the best hospitality talent in the industry!
Named Best of Staffing by our clients for 2019 let us help you find your next opportunity!
HSS is currently recruiting for a Tap Room Manager for a brewery in the Montgomery, AL area.
The up to 12 tap Tap Room will provide offerings current 4 flagship beers as well as a variety of experimental and seasonal beers. We will also host food trucks and caterers regularly as well as allow guests to bring in food from outside. The Tap Room will serve as a venue for special events, including trivia, yoga, and live music. The 2, 000 sq ft Tap Room is expected to be full of guests, particularly on weekends, weekday evenings, and for special events. In addition, the tap room includes two additional outside seating areas that will be used when weather permits. The goals of the Tap Room are to provide a positive environment for our guests, to sell our craft beer, and to provide an informative and educational experience for people to better understand how craft beer is manufactured, the history of craft beer and the positive impact of the craft beer community.
Position Summary – Responsible for co-worker team development of at least 6 part time co-workers, profitable growth, and enhanced customer experience.
Enhanced Customer Experience:
Co-worker team development:
- Maintain a welcoming, clean, educational, exciting, and inviting experience
- Manage Tap Room customer satisfaction and overall brewery experience
- Manage Tap Room co-worker schedule and staffing needs
- Manage brewery by selecting, interviewing, orienting, training, coaching, and counseling the Tap Room staff; communicate job expectations; perform written staff evaluations regularly;
- Maintain safe, healthy, clean, and sustainable Tap Room environment
- Meet Tap Room financial objectives as they relate to overall brewery goals
- Schedule hourly employees in a cost-effective manner; include manager in tap room shifts to a minimum of 30 hours/week;
- Manage Tap Room inventory and relay purchasing needs to Business Administrator or Owners
- Analyze trends on visitors, events, beer, food and merchandise
Wednesday and Thursday 3-11pm
Expected to arrive to work 1 hour prior to opening on Wednesday and Thursday
Assist with the opening checklist, starting at least 45 min prior to opening time
Friday and Saturday 4-11pm
Assist with the closing checklist. Closing should be completed in 1 hour
Schedule, mange, and assist with Bi-Monthly Cleaning schedule
Schedule may adjust for private events as they arise
- Manager is expected to close at least 4 nights/week
- Administrative duties and Tap Room shifts should total a minimum of 30 hours/week; Administrative duties should be restricted to non-business hours;
- Assist with Tap Room service during open business hours
- Standard schedule:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Complete verbal and written signed tasks expeditiously
- Communicate any personal limitations with Business Administrator or owner(s) that may restrict manager from performing duties within defined time constraints
- The Tap Room is not for personal use. All interactions with personal guests should be at a minimum.
- Reports to Business Administrator
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred or applicable work experience
Apply here with your resume and references and let us connect you to your next career opportunity!
Interested candidates please apply directly and/or email Direct@hssstaffing.Com.
HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more. If you’ re looking for work in the hospitality industry apply/search for our openings at: https://jobs2.Smartsearchonline.Com/hssstaffing/jobs/
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Level 1 Cicerone Certification achieved or willingness to achieve certification within 90 days of hiring
- 2 years minimum bar/restaurant, brewery/winery, retail management
- Knowledge and experience with Restaurant POS System
- Skills and experience in verbal communication and customer focus
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and special events
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and proven leadership skills