Taskforce General Manager
Wilmington, DE 19801
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and fill in when possible as acting General Manager for property This may include a property that has recently had GM turnover while a permanent General Manager is being selected or properties.
- Assist in the training, coaching and support of employees and department heads.
- Establishing and maintaining effective, positive relationships for the hotel.
- Monitor quality assurance scores and guest feedback; communicate and train property employees accordingly.
- Complete projects and assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving and making adjustments to plans as needed.
- Maintain and advance job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes when needed.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an Assistant General Manager or General Manager is required.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer/client focus.
- Knowledge/Experience in Hotel Sales
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to change.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational skills.